Depending on the country that you are looking to ship to, there are a number of restrictions and prohibited items that you will need to keep in mind. Here, we’ve put together a quick list to help provide you with some idea on the most commonly restricted and/or prohibited items.
- Alcoholic Beverages – over a certain percentage depending on the courier.
- Firearms – depending on the country that you are intending on shipping to and from.
- Hazardous Materials – these must be properly marked, classified, described and packaged.
- Tobacco Products – depending on some couriers
- Money, Cash, Bank Bills, Coins – depending on the courier.
- Collectible Items – depending on the courier.
- Postage Stamps – depending on the courier.
- Live Animals, Insects & Plants – prohibited by almost all couriers.
- Animal Carcasses – taxidermy may be accepted dependent on the courier.
- Human Corpses – this must be couriered by a specialist courier.
- Gambling Devices – where prohibited in the country or state that you are shipping to.
- Fresh Foods – including milk, cream vegetables, fruits and meat, due to their time sensitivity.
- Vehicles – some couriers will not ship these.
- Furs & Fur Pelts – dependent on the courier.
- Precious Metals – dependent on the courier.
For a full list of prohibited items, please view our prohibited items list here.