With so many different parcel delivery in Cumbria services available today, sending a parcel can be a stressful and confusing process, but it doesn’t need to be. With Parcel Delivery, it doesn’t matter if you are a small business looking to offer customers an economical delivery service, or you’re sending a gift to a loved one: our Cumbria parcel delivery comparison site can help you find cheap parcel delivery service in Cumbria no matter where you’re located, including Carlisle and Silloth.
Here at Parcel Delivery, we understand how tiresome it can be when you spend hours searching for the cheapest parcel delivery in Cumbria. There are a huge number of options to choose from across the internet, and finding the best price coupled with a reliable Cumbria parcel delivery service undertaken by experts can be extremely difficult. This is where we come in. Our quick quote online comparison tool can help you to find cheap parcel delivery in Cumbria, quickly and efficiently, saving you both time and money. Read on to find out more about what you need to do to arrange a parcel delivery in Cumbria with the experts in the industry. Get a quote online today!
How to prepare your parcel for delivery:
1. Start preparing your parcel for delivery by wrapping the items you wish to post in protective packaging. Plastic bubble wrap is a versatile option to protect almost all items during transit. Next, place the items in a brand new double walled cardboard box. Avoid reusing cardboard boxes as these are liable to break during the delivery process. Use polystyrene chips or scrunched newspaper to tightly cushion the items inside the box before taping shut with parcel tape. Many cardboard boxes will detail the maximum packing load on the side of the box to help you select the appropriate size for your items.
2. Once you have securely packaged your items it is time to measure the parcel. You will need to provide accurate measurements of the dimensions and weight of your parcel to obtain a quote for the service. Failure to provide an accurate measurement may result in additional and surprise costs later down the line. Ensure that you measure the entire parcel and not just the individual items inside. If you are a business and wish to include an invoice with your items, it is good practice to attach a proforma in an envelope on the outside of the parcel. This way, should customs need to inspect your parcel, they can first check the proforma and potentially avoid further disruption to your delivery.
3. Now you are ready to select your delivery service. The cost of sending your parcel will depend upon several factors:
– The size of your parcel. The larger your parcel, the more expensive the parcel delivery in Cumbria will be.
– The delivery destination. If you are sending the parcel overseas you will need to use an international delivery service and this will incur further costs.
– The security required for your delivery. If you are sending valuable items such as electronics or sentimental belongings you may wish you add additional security to your delivery. Some couriers will not provide compensation for restricted items and you should therefore consider seeking independent insurance.
– The time you have to deliver the parcel. The longer the time frame the cheaper your delivery service will be. If you need your parcel delivered quickly it may be best to opt for next day delivery to ensure a prompt delivery, but this will be at a greater cost.
4. After you have decided the best parcel delivery in Cumbria for you, it is time to book, pay for and create your posting label. It is advisable at this point to print an additional copy of the label to place inside the parcel. If the external copy becomes illegible for some reason, couriers will be able to continue the delivery process by attaching the copy from inside the box. If you are not able to print a label – no problem! Simply write the details clearly on the box using a marker pen and add a copy of the information inside.
5. Your parcel is now ready for sending! Depending upon the Cumbria parcel delivery method you have chosen, you may need to take your parcel to the nearest drop off point, or wait for your parcel to be collected by the local courier. There are various drop-off points throughout Cumbria which are easily accessible from even the most remote of locations. Alternatively, just wait in the comfort of your home for the local courier to collect your parcel all throughout the week.
6. Your parcel is out for delivery and on its way to the destination address. Now it’s time to relax and track your parcel using the tracking reference number provided.
Finding the cheapest parcel delivery in Cumbria is simple with help from Parcel Delivery!
Delivery Prices To Send A Parcel to Cumbria
The cost of sending a parcel in Cumbria will vary depending on your parcel requirement, i.e upon the size of the parcel you are sending; the security required; the destination address and how long you have to send it. There are various parcel delivery services in Cumbria suitable for your delivery requirements.
Next Day Delivery
If your parcel needs to be delivered promptly, you should select a next day Cumbria parcel delivery service. Although this service will cost you more, it ensures that your parcel arrives the following day. This service is perfect for small businesses who wish to offer a fast delivery service in Cumbria.
If you are sending a parcel in Cumbria to an overseas destination, you need to use an international delivery service. This Cumbria parcel delivery method allows you to send a parcel to countries outside of England. It should be noted that prices for this service may differ from country to country. You should also check the customs regulations of the country before sending a parcel as some items may not be accepted on arrival.
Useful Information When Sending A Parcel to Cumbria
If you are sending an unusual item it can be difficult to know how best to package your parcel, but with a little guidance, it is simple. We have put together a few examples to help you get started:
Laptops and electronic goods
To begin preparing your electronic item for posting, first dismantle any additional items such as power cables and USBs. Wrap each individual item in plastic bubble wrap before placing everything in a double walled cardboard box. Secure the items in place with polystyrene chips or scrunched newspaper to avoid unnecessary movement during transit. Before deciding to send electronic items, check the customs regulations of the country you are sending to. If your destination address is within the UK, you should check whether or not the item is listed as a restricted or prohibited item. Some electrical goods are classed as restricted items, therefore some couriers which offer cheap parcel delivery in Cumbria may accept to send them on a no-compensation basis. In this case, it is advisable that you seek independent insurance to cover your items for loss or damage before sending.
Another unusual but common item to send is baked goods. Many small businesses depend on a reliable and efficient parcel delivery in Cumbria to run smoothly. Be sure to check the restricted and prohibited items list before selecting a courier, as some couriers will not accept perishable food items and others may again send them on a no-compensation basis. If you are looking to parcel a cake to send to someone in the UK, first wrap the item in cling film before placing it in a double walled cardboard box. To prevent the cake from moving and spoiling during transit, fill the box with additional padding. It is a good idea to select a next day delivery service for this type of parcel to ensure your items arrive as fresh as the day they were made.
Examples of prohibited items (most couriers will not accept to deliver):
- Animals, animal skins, furs and ivory
- Explosives/ fireworks
- Currency of any kind
Examples of restricted items (some couriers will send on a no compensation basis):
- Electrical goods.
Use our online comparison tool here at Parcel Delivery to get an idea of all of the dfiferent cheap parcel delivery in Cumbria options we have available for you to choose on our site. There are a huge number of Cumbria parcel delivery couriers on the market, and here, we will match your requirements to their services, while still providing you with the cheapest parcel delivery in Cumbria. Get a quick quote online with us today.