County Durham parcel delivery doesn't have to be confusing - our comparison tool does all the work for you.
Today it can be difficult to know which delivery method is the most suitable choice for your parcel. Whether you are sending a gift to a loved one, returning a recent purchase, or you are a small business looking for an efficient and economic parcel delivery in County Durham service, our comparison site can help you to find cheap parcel delivery in County Durham.
At Parcel Delivery, we can provide you with all of the information that you need to source the cheapest parcel delivery in County Durham service the market has to offer. We can provide you tips and tricks on how to prepare your parcel, and to choose the most reliable County Durham parcel delivery couriers, all in one place. With an in-depth and quick parcel delivery in County Durham comparison tool ready to provide you with the most up-to-date rates and prices, there’s plenty to choose from with our help. Use our online comparison tool to find the cheapest parcel delivery in County Durham on the market, today!
Prepare your parcel for delivery:
1. Start preparing your parcel for delivery by packing the items carefully. Use different types of packaging methods suitable for the items you are posting. Some items may require additional protection in the form of polystyrene chips and bubble wrap, but nearly all items should be packaged in a cardboard box, double walled and preferably bought brand new for the purpose. If possible, avoid reusing old cardboard boxes, these will not provide as much protection as a new one and are liable to breaking during transit. Most cardboard boxes detail the maximum load on the side of the box to help you select the right packaging.
2. Once you have carefully wrapped and packaged your items you will need to measure the parcel. Once your items are securely packaged you can measure the parcel. In order to obtain a correct fee quote for the delivery, you need to provide accurate measurements, detailing the specific dimensions and weight. Make sure you always take the measurements of the whole parcel and not the individual items inside. By failing to provide accurate measurements you may incur additional costs later on. If in doubt, always be generous – it is better to be safe than sorry, and this can ensure that you are still benefitting from the cheapest parcel delivery in County Durham. If you wish to include an invoice with your parcel, it is a good idea to attach a proforma in an envelope to the outside of the box. Should customs need to inspect your parcel delivery in County Durham when sending overseas, they can first check the proforma and potentially avoid further damage to the box.
3. Now you are ready to choose the parcel delivery in County Durham service you wish to use. The cost of your parcel delivery in County Durham will depend upon the destination, size, security required and the time you have to send the parcel.
4. After you have selected the best parcel delivery service in County Durham, you can book, pay and create your posting label. It is recommended that you print two labels, placing one copy inside the parcel. In the event that the external label becomes illegible, the courier will be able to find out the destination by opening the box. If you don’t have access to printing facilities, clearly write the information on the side of the box in marker pen and include an additional copy of the details inside the parcel.
5. You are ready to send your parcel! Depending on the parcel delivery service in County Durham you have selected you may need to take your parcel to the nearest drop-off point or wait for it to be collected by the local courier. There are plenty of accessible drop off points all throughout the County Durham area, and couriers are available to collect your parcel all week.
6. Relax – your cheap parcel delivery in County Durham is on its way! If you can’t wait, you can keep up with the progress of your delivery using the parcel tracking reference number provided by the County Durham parcel delivery experts we have on our site.
The cost of sending your parcel in County Durham will be dependent upon the size, destination, security required and how long you have to send it. Services such as next day and international delivery cost the most. If you are sending an item of low value and are not limited to a time frame, cheap parcel delivery in County Durham will certainly be available. For specialist deliveries there are different services in County Durham to choose from:
This County Durham parcel delivery service is perfect if you need your parcel delivered quickly. If you are a small business who offers customers fast delivery or you need to send a cake or a last minute birthday gift to a loved one, this service will ensure your parcel arrives the following day. You can choose to take your parcel to the local drop-off point in County Durham or wait for it to be collected by your local courier.
If you are sending a parcel from County Durham to an overseas destination you should select an international delivery service. Using this service you can send parcels to countries within the EU and elsewhere. Before selecting this service be sure to check the customs regulations of the country you are sending to. The process may differ slightly from country to country so it is best to check this to avoid any surprise costs.
Your parcel may contain unusual items that are more difficult to package and post. We have put together some guidance to help you deal with a few unusual items within your parcel delivery in County Durham.
Plants: You can post plants from County Durham in England to the rest of UK. However, if you are sending your parcel overseas, be sure to check the custom regulations of the country. Plants are classed as restricted items, and as such many couriers will not cover you for compensation if the parcel becomes damaged or lost in transit. Make sure you package the plant in a strong cardboard box, safely securing the item inside. It is a good idea to send plants using next day delivery to ensure it arrives in a good condition.
Artwork: If you are a small business which sells artwork and prints, you will need to ensure you can rely upon a good parcel delivery service in County Durham. Efficiently parcelling prints can be an art form in itself! If the print can be rolled, wrap it in plastic before rolling it with a piece of sturdy cardboard for support. Secure the roll by using a piece of tape to prevent the print from moving and unrolling during transit. For smaller prints or cards you can use corrugated cardboard boxes to safely package your items.
Baked Goods: You might be a small business, or perhaps you have just worked hard to bake a cake for a distant relative – whatever your situation you will want to be assured you can rely upon a quality parcel delivery service in County Durham to ensure your baked goods arrive safely, whether from Consett or Peterlee. Although food items can be sent throughout the UK, they are classed as restricted items and as such are not usually covered by couriers for loss or damage during transit. Most baked goods can be wrapped in cling film before placing the item in a strong cardboard box with polystyrene chips or newspaper to prevent movement. However, carefully decorated cakes can pose a problem and may not be suitable for postal delivery due to the fact there is no guarantee that the package will remain upright.
What is a prohibited item? A prohibited item is one that most couriers will not agree to deliver. You should check whether or not the items you wish to post are contained on this list to avoid disappointment later on.
Examples of prohibited items include:
Examples of restricted items (can be sent through most couriers on a no compensation basis):
So, if you’re looking for the best courier option for County Durham, use our comparison tool at Parcel Delivery today!